1. The board agreed to resume the gift of books about women in aviation to schools. Mary suggested that the chapter donate the books to elementary schools. Cathy will look for appropriate books to suggest to the chapter. Treasurer Betty will reimburse the purchase.
2. The annual Christmas dinner on 4 December 2010 at the Thai Orchid was considered a success. The chapter will host again in December 2011. Pat suggested we ask Pete McElvain to give this year's lecture.
3. The board approved the chapter’s first annual poker run scheduled for March 19th, 2011, or April 23rd if the weather is bad in March. Insurance cost for a 99s event will amount to $125.00 and was approved by the board. Entry fees were set for $30.00 per aircraft, or $20.00 for 99s members and pilots under 21 years of age. Awards will consist of fuel gift certificates.
4. The board opened discussion about fly ins with sister chapters.
5. Nominations for annual awards were as follows: Award of Achievement for Contributions to the Ninety-nines: Pat Eby for her long-time devotion to the Wichita Falls chapter; Award of Achievement for Contributions to Aviation: Marion Stegeman Hodgson for her work in the WASPs and her subsequent biographical publication; Award for Achievement for Humanitarian Efforts: None. For non-members, the George Palmer Putman Award: John McMurray for his conscientious support of the 99s and all aviators, including the general public; Award of Merit recognizing contributions to aviation in general: Mary Latimer for her extensive work in the Civil Air Patrol cadets and other young pilots in the community.
6. The board opened discussion on the donation of a scholarship for a woman pilot’s check ride.
7. Events and calendar will be posted by Elizabeth on the new chapter web site www.scs99.com .
8. Quarterly chapter luncheons are set: April 4th, July 9th, and October 10th, at noon. Locations to be announced.